Welcome to our Junior Cricket page. We are a member of the Alexandra & Eastern Hills Cricket Association (AEHCA).
For the 2022/23 season we are fielding teams in Under 16s, Under 14s, Under 12s and Under 10s.
Wistow has fielded teams in junior grades for every season since the then Mt Barker & Eastern Hills Cricket Association (MBEHCA) first commenced an Under 16s “Colts” grade in 1970/71. Prior to the 1983/84 season, the MBEHCA merged with the Alexandra Cricket Association to form the AEHCA and by the second half of the 1980s the Colts competition had been expanded to include both Under 16s and Under 13s.
Commencing with the 1998/99 season, the Colts competition was again expanded to include teams in Under 16s, Under 14s and Under 12s with an Under 10s competition (featuring modified rules) being added by the 2012/13 season.
We have won two Under 16s premierships, in 1978/79 and 1986/87 as well as a number of lower grade premierships, including back-to-back Under 12s premierships in 2013/14 and 2014/15.
At present we compete in junior cricket against fellow AEHCA sides from Hahndorf, Mt Barker, Nairne, Strathalbyn, Echunga, Macclesfield, Ashbourne, Langhorne Creek, Lobethal and Woodside, with Lenswood Ranges and Gumeracha (whose senior sides compete in the Torrens Valley Cricket Association) fielding Under 16s and Under 10s teams respectively whilst Onkaparinga and Meadows (whose senior sides compete in the Hills Cricket Association) also fielding Under 10s teams.
Under 16s and Under 14s games are both played on Saturday mornings from 8.45am until approximately 11.00am whilst Under 12s and Under 10s are played on Friday evenings from 5.30pm until approximately 7.00pm.
This year’s Junior Cricket Co-ordinator is Anita Burgess who can be contacted for more information on 0412 868 227 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Cricket News
- 2022/2023 Calaby Shield WinnersCongratulations to Wistow Under 16’s players Damin Biddle, Cade Tonkin, Ryan Davies, Declan Bell and Brad Wilson on their recent success in winning the inter-association Under 15’s Calaby Shield over the Hills Cricket Association, Great Southern Cricket Association, Murray Towns Cricket Association and Kangaroo Island Cricket Association. Perhaps the breakout star of the Alexandra & […]
- Congratulations to Holly PaechCongratulations to Holly Paech (daughter of WCC life member and recent past club president, Michael “Pickle” Paech) on her recent selection to the Fleurieu & Districts Under 16s side for the Country Carnival which was played in mid-December. Unlike her Dad, Holly is primarily a bowler and currently plies her trade on Saturday mornings for […]
- Congratulations to our Adelaide Hills Bucks RepresentativesIn the week prior to Christmas (19-22 December 2022) the inaugural Adelaide Premier League T20 Competition kicked off featuring Boys’ Under 17s, Under 15s and Under 13s competitions and a Girls’ Under 23s competition. The Wistow Cricket Club was fortunate enough to have the following players selected to play for the Adelaide Hills Bucks franchise: […]
- Junior Registration – New ProcessPlease note there has been a change in the way clubs are expected to register players this season. Parents are now asked to go to the playcricket website and register their child. If all junior players could sign up as soon as possible that will help ensure we are ready by the first game. Link […]
- Wistow Junior Cricket Training DatesHi Everyone Just a quick note to advise that Junior cricket training dates and times have been locked in with the details are below. Under 12: Starts October 9th, held every Tuesday night from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at Wistow Oval Under 14: Starts October 1st, held every Monday night from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at Wistow […]